Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Jan. 8 18

Houston, TX radar, during the early morning, before sunrise.
Northwest Houston, TX, during the early morning.
West Houston, TX, during the early afternoon.
West Houston, TX, during the early evening.
West Houston, TX, I think, during the late evening.
Northwest Houston, TX, I think, during the late evening.


Summary: The day was cool, mostly sunny, and mostly dry. A cold front with isolated light to moderately heavy to heavy showers and mostly thunderstorms and thunder showers passed through the Houston, TX area, during the early morning, before sunrise. I didn't see anymore rain over any of the locations in the Houston, TX area, during anytime of the rest of the day. Some light to moderate with maybe some moderately heavy showers and thunderstorms/thundershowers looked to have passed over my house, where I was, during the early morning. Low stratus clouds looked to cover the whole sky, during the early morning. The sky started to become clear, sometime during the mid, or maybe late morning. The sky looked to be clear, during the late morning, afternoon, evening, and night. The wind speeds looked to be calm with maybe some gentle to moderate gusts and some moderately strong gusts. I think it felt cool, during the early and mid-morning, and evening. I think it felt a little cool, during the late morning. It felt a little cool, almost warm, during the afternoon. It felt cool, maybe very cool, during the early night. It felt cold, during the late night. There were no watches, warnings, alerts, advisories, or weather statements/outlooks issued for the Houston, TX area, that I know of. The low temperatures looked to be in the low 40's, I think, and the high temperatures looked to be in the low 70's with maybe some mid 70's, I think, for the Houston, TX area.


Houston, TX Storm Summary: A cold front with isolated light to moderately heavy to heavy showers and mostly thunderstorms and thunder showers passed through the Houston, TX area, during the early morning, before sunrise. I didn't see anymore rain over any of the locations in the Houston, TX area, during anytime of the rest of the day. I didn't see, or hear about any reports of flooding, or damage, caused by the weather, to any of the locations in the Houston, TX area, during anytime of the day.


My Storm Summary: Some light to moderate with maybe some moderately heavy showers and thunderstorms/thundershowers looked to have passed over my house, where I was, during the early morning. I didn't see, hear, or feel anymore drops of precip, after that. The roads and ground were wet with some small to big puddles, from the showers/thunderstorms/thundershowers that passed over the Houston, TX area, during the early and mid-morning. The roads and ground were starting to dry and the puddles were starting to shrink, during the late morning. The roads and ground stayed dry with some remaining puddles, during the afternoon, evening, and night. I didn't see any flooding, or damage, caused by the weather.


Locations: Northwest and west Houston, TX.


Thoughts: It felt warm enough to turn the air conditioner on for awhile! I enjoyed the classic cold front this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment