Saturday, December 24, 2011

Cold and Soggy!


                                   A train of showers move through Houston.
The totals were a little higher because it shows the amount of rain that has fallen by 1 am.

Today was cold with a low of 43 degrees and a high of 52 degrees. The sky was mostly cloudy, the wind speeds were around 10 mph with gusts around 15 mph, the fog was gone, and the humidity level was high when I went to sleep at around 2:50 am. The wind speeds were around 5 mph with gusts around 10 mph and it was foggy when I woke up at around 8:30 am, there may have been a shower at around 7 am, that's what the radar showed. There was another shower between around 8:50 am to around 10 am. The wind speeds were around 10 mph with gusts around 20 mph at around 11:30 am. I noticed that the wind speeds were calm at around 1 pm. I saw some gusts around 15 mph at aorund 1:30 pm, also the fog became heavier. There was on and off showers throughout the day, the rain was light to moderate, with some occasional down pours, I didn't see any lightning or hear any thunder. The wind speeds seemed to stay around 10 mph with maybe some gusts around 15 after 1 pm but, i'm not sure because I wasn't paying attention. The humidity levels were high during the morning, afternoon, evening, and night, probably, I didn't get to check because of Christmas celebrations. I think it stayed foggy after 8:30 am, it stiil looked foggy when we were going home at around 12:30 am. The rain was spread throughout the city, every area got some rain. The area that got the most rain was the Buffalo Bayou @ West Beltway 8 area which got 1.24 inches of rain. My area got 1.04 inches of rain. Another inch of rain for us. The day was cold and soggy.

No comments:

Post a Comment