Monday, December 5, 2011

                      This is one of the thunderstorms that gave us some heavy rain.

Today was cold with a low of 43 degrees and a high of 56 degrees. There was some heavy thunderstorms between 1:30 to 3 am, the thunder wasn't very loud and I didn't see any lightning, the wind speeds were around 5 mph during the storms. The wind speeds were calm and the sky looked foggy when I went to sleep at around 3:10 am. When I woke up at around 9:30 am I saw on the radar that the last shower had left at around 6:30 am. The sky remained cloudy after we had our last shower. There was some drizzle during the evening. The wind speeds were around 15 mph with gusts around 20 mph when I woke up at around 9:30 am, the wind speeds stayed the same until sometime during the evening. At around 6:30 pm I noticed that the wind speeds were around 5 mph. The wind speeds stayed around 5 mph until around 11:30 pm. I noticed that the wind speeds were around 10 mph at around 11:30 pm. The humidity levels were high from the begining to the end of the day. The rain was scattered across Houston. I think every area got some rain. The area that got the most rain was the San Jacinto River @ Kingwood Country Club area which got 1.44 inches of rain. My area got 1 inch. The day was cold and cloudy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment