Sunday, July 23, 2017

Jul. 22 17

Northwest Houston, TX, during the early morning.
Northwest Houston, TX, during the early afternoon.
Northwest Houston, TX, during the mid-afternoon.
West Houston, TX, during the mid-afternoon.
Northwest Houston, TX, during the late afternoon.
Northwest Houston, TX, during the early evening.
Northwest Houston, TX, during the late evening.


Summary: The day was mostly cloudy, partly wet, and warm. Isolated to scattered light to moderately heavy showers and moderately heavy to heavy thunderstorms started to pop up in and around the Houston, TX area, during the early morning and continued on through the early night before dissipating. I first saw a few drops in west Houston, TX and then I heard some low rumbles of thunder, during the mid-afternoon. I continued to hear thunder in northwest Houston, TX with on and off light to moderate rain, during the late afternoon and evening. The rain stopped before the early night, sometime during 7, or maybe 8 pm. Alto stratus with stratus and stratocumulus clouds looked to be scattered across the sky, during the morning and early afternoon. Stratus with stratocumulus and some nimbus clouds  started to cover most of the sky, during the mid-afternoon, and then the whole sky, during the late afternoon, evening, and maybe the whole night. The wind speeds looked to be calm with maybe some gentle to moderate gusts. It felt warm, during the early morning, late afternoon, evening, and night. It felt very warm during the mid-morning. It felt hot during the late morning. It felt very hot, during the early afternoon. It started to feel warm with the passing rain clouds, during the mid-afternoon. There was a Special Weather Statement along with a two Flood Advisories issued, for parts of most of the northern Houston, TX area. There were no other watches, warnings, alerts, advisories, or weather statments/outlooks issued for the Houston, TX area, that I know of. The low temps looked to be in the 70's and the high temps looked to be in the 90's, for most of the Houston, TX area.


Storm Summary: There were some reports of flash flooding in parts of the northern Houston, TX area and maybe some other areas, There were no reports of storm damages, that I know of.


My Storm Summary: I noticed some dark nimbus clouds forming and I started to see some rain drops on my cars windshield, on my way to Terry Hershey Park, during the mid-afternoon. I then started to heard some low rumbles of thunder as I was riding my bike near Dairy Ashford Road, on my way to George Bush Park. So I decided to turn around. It was probably better that I did, since the thunderstorms lasted through the evening. I didn't see anymore rain after that until I got near my house in northwest Houston, TX where I heard more low rumbles of thunder and saw some on and off light to moderate rain drops, during the late afternoon, through the late evening. I stopped seeing rain drops and hearing thunder, sometime during the late evening. The thunderstorms not only prevented me from riding my bike, but also from swimming, since I didn't want to get struck by lightning. But oh well.


Locations: Northwest and west Houston, TX.


Thoughts: Well Sunday looks to be the last day until Wednesday, that Houston, TX will be getting rain. And then maybe some more rain chances after that. Which is ok. What is a summer in Houston, TX without heat?

No comments:

Post a Comment