Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Dec. 26 17

Houston, TX radar, during the early morning.
Northwest Houston, TX, during the early morning.
Houston, TX radar, during the early afternoon.
Northwest Houston, TX, during the early afternoon.
Houston, TX radar, during the late night.


Summary: The day was cool, cloudy, and wet. Isolated bands of light to moderate and maybe sometimes moderately heavy showers looked to be scattered across the Houston, TX area, during the morning, afternoon, evening, and night. I saw some light to moderate drizzle where I was in northwest Houston, TX, during the early morning and evening. A band of moderate to possibly moderately heavy showers passed over where I work in northwest Houston, TX, during the early afternoon. A continuous light rain with maybe some moderate rain at times started to fall at my house in northwest Houston, TX, sometime during the early night and continued to fall through the rest of the night. The sky looked to be completely covered in stratus clouds, during the morning, afternoon, evening, and night. The wind speeds looked to be calm with gentle to moderate gusts and maybe some moderately strong gusts. It felt very cool, during the morning, afternoon, and evening. It felt cold, during the night. There were no watches, warnings, alerts, advisories, or weather statements/outlooks issued for the Houston, TX area, that I know of. The low temperatures looked to be in the low 40's and the high temperatures looked to be in the low 50's with maybe some mid 50's, for the Houston, TX area. 


Houston, TX Storm Summary: Isolated bands of light to moderate and maybe sometimes moderately heavy showers looked to be scattered across the Houston, TX area, during the morning, afternoon, evening, and night. I didn't see, or hear about any reports of flooding, or damage caused by the weather, at any of the locations in the Houston, TX area, during anytime of the day.


My Storm Summary: I saw some light to moderate drizzle where I was in northwest Houston, TX, during the early morning and evening. A band of moderate to possibly moderately heavy showers passed over where I work in northwest Houston, TX, during the early afternoon. A continuous light rain with maybe some moderate rain at times started to fall at my house in northwest Houston, TX, sometime during the early night and continued to fall through the rest of the night. The roads and ground continued to stayed wet with some small puddles. I didn't see any flooding, or damage caused by the weather. I didn't see any lightning strikes, but I may have heard some low rumbles of thunder, but I wasn't sure if it was thunder, or some other loud noise. 


Locations: Northwest Houston, TX.


Thoughts: Just another dreary wet winter day, for the Houston, TX area.

No comments:

Post a Comment