Saturday, November 4, 2017

Nov. 3 17


Northwest Houston, TX, during the early afternoon.
Northwest Houston, TX, during the mid-afternoon.


Summary: The day was very warm, mostly cloudy, and mostly dry. Moderate to moderately heavy and maybe some heavy isolated showers and maybe a few thunderstorms were popping up in and around the Houston, TX area, during the afternoon and evening. There looked to be a moderately dense fog covering my whole  house in northwest Houston, TX, during the early morning, before lifting during the mid-morning. I drove through a light to moderate shower close to where I work in northwest Houston, TX, on my way to celebrate the Astros World Series Win with my co-workers, during the early afternoon. Stratus clouds looked to cover the whole sky, during the morning. Alto stratus and stratus clouds looked to cover most of the sky, during the afternoon and evening. The sky looked to be clear, during the night. The wind speeds looked to be calm with gentle to moderate gusts and some moderately strong gusts, with maybe some really strong 20 mph gusts. It felt warm, during the morning, evening, and night. It felt very warm, during the afternoon. There were no watches, warnings, alerts, advisories, or weather statements/outlooks issued for the Houston, TX area, that I know of. The low temperatures looked to be in the high 70's with maybe some mid 70's and the high temperatures looked to be in the high 80's with maybe some low 90's, for the Houston, TX area.


Houston, TX Storm Summary: Moderate to moderately heavy and maybe some heavy isolated showers and maybe a few thunderstorms were popping up in and around the Houston, TX area, during the afternoon and evening. I didn't see, or hear about any reports of any flooding, or damage, anywhere in, or near the Houston, TX area.


My Storm Summary: There looked to be a moderately dense fog covering my whole  house in northwest Houston, TX, during the early morning, before lifting during the mid-morning. I drove through a light to moderate shower close to where I work in northwest Houston, TX, on my way to celebrate the Astros World Series Win with my co-workers, during the early afternoon. I didn't see any flooding, puddles, lightning, or damage. I didn't hear any rumbles of thunder.


Locations: Northwest Houston, TX.


Thoughts: I was surprised to see the moderate shower and the high 80's temperature, during the afternoon. I didn't think it was going to rain and I didn't think the temperature was going to reach almost 90 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment