Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Cool and Wet!

These were taken after the storm.


                                       
                                                              It's coming!

There were alot of watches and warnings. If you look to the left you'll see winter advisory, I wish I was there.
                                         It sounded like a tornado was coming.

                                                      We got a lot of rain!

Today was cool with a low of 52 degrees and a high of 71 degrees. We had a quick 2 minute shower at around 12 am, the wind speeds were around 10 mph with gusts around 20 mph, it was foggy, the humidity level was really high, and the visibility was 6 miles. I'm pretty sure I saw a 40 mph wind gusts at around 2 am. The wind speeds were around 15 mph with 20 mph gusts, some were around 30 and maybe even 40 mph and I saw some lightning, when I checked at around 3 am. The visibility was 8 miles and there was a tornado watch when I went to sleep at around 4:30 am. The wind speeds were around 10 mph with 20 mph, maybe even 30 mph gusts, and the visibility was 9 miles at around 7 am, when went to go take out the trash. The visibility was 7 miles and there was a severe thunderstorm warning when I went back to sleep at around 8 am. The wind speeds were around 15 mph  with 20 to 30 mph gusts when I checked at around 9 am. It started to rain hard at around 10 am. The visibility was 5 miles when I checked at around 10:30 am. The visibility was 4 miles and I started to hear some thunder and see some lightning at around 11 am. The heavy rain turned into light rain, the thunder was loud and I think there was some cloud to ground lightning at around 12 pm. The visibility was 6 miles when I checked at around 12:30 pm. The rain stopped at around 1 pm, the wind speeds were around 5 mph during the storm. The visibility was 9 miles when I checked at around 2 pm. the sky was mostly cloudy at around 3 pm. The sky was cloudy when I checked at around 4 pm. The wind speeds were around 15 mph with 20 mph gusts and it was drizzling when I checked at around 5 pm. The drizzle had stopped and the sky was cloudy when I checked at around 6 pm. The wind speeds were around 10 mph with gusts around 20 mph and there seemed to be a light fog when I checked at around 7 pm. The wind speeds were calm when I checked at around 10 pm. The humidity level was high during the late afternoon, evening, and night. The visibility was 10 miles during the late afternoon, evening, and night, I think but, I don't really remember. The wind speeds stayed calm after 10 pm. The sky stayed cloudy after 6 pm. There may or may not have been some light fog during the night, I wasn't really sure. The rain was heavy and covered the whole map of Houston. Every area got at least some rain. The Little Mound Creek @ Mathis Road area was the area that got the most rain, they got 3.72 inches. My area got 2.12 inches. The day was cool and wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment