Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Cool and Muggy!



                              This was the first shower to pass through my area.
                                                      Some more showers.
                                      And now one of the last band of showers.


Today was cool with a low of 53 degrees and a high of 70 degrees. The sky was cloudy, the wind speeds were calm, there was a light fog, and the humidity level was high when I went to sleep at around 3:30 am. The wind speeds were around 5 mph with gusts around 15 mph, and the visibility was 9 miles when I woke up at around 8 am. The wind speeds were around 10 mph with gusts around 15 mph when I woke up at around 10 am. The visibility was 7 miles when I checked at around 11:30 pm. It was rainning and the visibility was 8 miles when I checked at around 12 pm, the rain started out moderately heavy then was light, there wasn't any thunder or lightning, the rain stopped at around 12:05 pm. There were some on and off showers during the aftenoon. The humditiy level was really high, it was drizzling, and the visibility was 5 miles when I checked at around 5:30 pm. It started to rain at around 5:50 pm, it stopped at around 6:10 pm. The fog was dense when I checked at around 6 pm. It started to rain again at around 6:30 pm as, I was driving to my dad's store, the rain was light and there was no lightning or thunder, it was my first time driving in dense fog, I think. The wind speeds were around 5 mph when I checked at around 7 pm. The wind speeds were around 10 mph with 15 mph gusts and the light rain had stopped when I checked at around 8 pm. The visibility was 6 miles when I checked at around 9 pm. The wind speeds were around 5 mph with gusts around 10 mph, some around 15 mph, when I checked at around 9:30 pm. The visiblity was 5 miles, there were some 20 or, 30 mph wind gusts, and we had a small light shower at around 10 pm, the rain stopped at around 10:02 pm, the rain might have just been from falling water on the trees during the 20 or, 30 mph wind gusts but, i'm not sure. The visibility was 7 miles when I checked at around 11:30 pm. The wind speeds stayed around 10 mph with 20 to 30 mph gusts after 10 pm. The humidity levels stayed really high after 5:30 pm. The sky stayed cloudy after that possible shower at around 10 pm. The fog was still dense at the end of the day. There were showers and maybe some thunderstorms scattered throughout Houston. The areas that got the most rain were the northwest areas, there were 4 areas in the northwest that got .20 inches of rain which was the most rain that any area got. My area got .08 inches. The day was cool and muggy.

No comments:

Post a Comment