Monday, January 9, 2012

D.C. Trip: Snow!!!!


                                    This was a sort of snowman that I made.

                              It got foggy at around 6:30 pm, after the snowstorm.



Today was cold with a low of 31 degrees and a high of 40 degrees. I think the clouds started to move in at around 12 am. The sky looked mostly cloudy but, the clouds were thin, (either that or, the sky was actually clear.) the humidity level was high, and the wind speeds seemed to be around 10 mph with maybe some 15 mph wind gusts when I checked at around 1 am. The wind speeds seemed calm and when I went to sleep at around 1:30 am. The wind speeds were around 10 mph with gusts around 15 mph and maybe some around 20 mph, and the sky was cloudy when I checked when I checked at around 9 am. The humidity level was a little high when I checked at around 10 am. I started to see some flurries at around 12:30 pm then, at around 1 pm it started snowing! The snow was moderate to moderately heavy at around 3 pm, the snow was very light at around 6 pm before it stopped at around 6:30 pm, the wind speeds were calm during the snow storm, I don’t know what the humidity levels were but, I think they were a little high. The sky was cloudy at around 6:30 pm after the storm stopped. The humidity levels were really high when I checked at around 8 pm. The wind speeds were around 5 mph and it was foggy when I checked at around 10:30 pm, the visibility was 7 miles. The visibility was 5 miles when I checked at around 15 minutes till 12 am. It was still foggy and the wind speeds were still around 5 mph after 10:30 pm. The humidity levels stayed really high after 8 pm. The sky stayed cloudy after 6:30 pm. The snow depth was 1.8 inches, around 2 inches. The day was cold and snowy.

No comments:

Post a Comment