Monday, January 1, 2018

Dec. 31 17

Houston, TX radar, during the early morning.


Summary: The day was cool, mostly cloudy, and mostly dry. Isolated light rain showers and drizzle. looked to be scattered across the Houston, TX area, during the early morning, before sunrise. I don't think anymore precip fell in the Houston, TX area, after that. There might have been some isolated light rain showers and drizzle, in some locations in the Houston, TX area, during the rest of the morning, afternoon, evening, and night. Some light rain showers and drizzle passed over my house, where I was, during the early morning, before sunrise. I don't remember seeing, feeling, or hearing any drops of precip after that. Stratus clouds looked to cover the whole sky, during the early and mid-morning, night, and maybe evening. Stratus. or maybe alto stratus clouds looked to cover most of the sky, during the late morning and afternoon. The wind speeds looked to be calm with gentle to moderate gusts and some moderately strong gusts with some possible really strong 20 to 25 mph gusts. It felt cold, during the early morning and night. It felt very cool, during the early and mid-morning and evening. It felt cool, during the afternoon. I heard that there was a Hard Freeze Warning issued for the Houston, TX area, for the morning of January 1, 2018. There were no other watches, warnings, alerts, advisories, or weather statements/outlooks issued for the Houston, TX area, that I know of. The low temperatures looked to be in the 40's and the high temperatures looked to be in the low 50's, for the Houston, TX area.


Houston, TX Storm Summary: Isolated light rain showers and drizzle. looked to be scattered across the Houston, TX area, during the early morning, before sunrise. I don't think anymore precip fell in the Houston, TX area, after that.There might have been some isolated light rain showers and drizzle, in some locations in the Houston, TX area, during the rest of the morning, afternoon, evening, and night.  I didn't see, or hear about any reports of flooding, or damage caused by the weather, to any of the locations in the Houston, TX area, during anytime of the day.


My Storm Summary:  Some light rain showers and drizzle passed over my house, where I was, during the early morning, before sunrise. I don't remember seeing, feeling, or hearing any drops of precip after that. The roads and ground stayed partly wet through the rest of the day, from the early morning/ previous night's rain fall. I didn't see any puddles, just maybe some small ones. I didn't see any flashes of lightning, or hear any rumbles of thunder. I didn't see any flooding, or damage caused by the weather.


Locations: Northwest Houston, TX.


Thoughts: The last day of 2017!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment