Saturday, January 6, 2018

Jan. 5 18

Houston, TX radar, during the early morning.
Northwest Houston, TX, during the early afternoon.
Northwest Houston, TX, during the early evening.


Summary: The day was cool, dry, and calm. There looked to be some light to moderate showers scattered across the Houston, TX area, on the radar, during the early morning. I don't know if there was any more rain in the Houston, TX area, after the early morning, but there probably were still some through the afternoon, based on the fact that the sky looked to have stayed mostly cloudy through the afternoon. I think I felt and maybe even saw a rain drop, sometime during the morning. Alto stratus and stratus clouds looked to cover most of, if not the whole sky, during the morning. Alto stratus and stratus clouds looked to cover most of the sky, during the early afternoon and maybe mid and late afternoon. Alto stratus clouds looked to be scattered across the sky, I think, during the evening and maybe night. The wind speeds looked to be calm with some gentle to moderate gusts and some moderately strong gusts. I think it felt cold, during the early morning. I think it felt very cool, during the mid-morning. It started to feel warm with a cool wind breeze, during the late morning. It felt warm with a cool wind breeze, during the afternoon. I think it started to feel very cool, during the evening. It felt very cool, maybe cold, during the early night. It felt cold, during the late night. There were no watches, warnings, alerts, advisories, or weather statements/outlooks issued for the Houston, TX area, that I know of. The low temperatures looked to be in the low 40's with maybe some mid 40's and the high temperatures looked to be in the mid 60's with maybe some high 60's, for the Houston, TX area.


Houston, TX Storm Summary: There looked to be some light to moderate showers scattered across the Houston, TX area, on the radar, during the early morning. I don't know if there was any more rain in the Houston, TX area, after the early morning, but there probably were still some through the afternoon, based on the fact that the sky looked to have stayed mostly cloudy through the afternoon. I didn't see, or hear about any flooding, or damage caused by the weather, that I know of.


My Storm Summary: I think I felt and maybe even saw a rain drop, sometime during the morning. It looked like it was going to rain, during the morning and afternoon. I don't remember seeing any wet roads, puddles, or wet ground, that was caused by the weather. I didn't see any flashes of lightning, or hear any rumbles of thunder. I didn't see any flooding, or damage caused by the weather, during anytime of the day.


Locations: Northwest and west Houston, TX.


Thoughts: Another day of warmer weather. I am hoping it will start to feel warm enough to stop wearing sweaters and jackets soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment