Monday, January 29, 2018

Jan. 27 18

Northwest Houston, TX, during the early morning.
Northwest Houston, TX, during the early afternoon.


Summary: The day was wet, cool, and cloudy. Light to heavy showers and maybe some thunderstorms, or showers, looked to be scattered across the Houston, TX area, during the morning, afternoon, evening, and night. Light to heavy showers with some possible thunderstorms, looked to have passed over my house, during the early morning. Light drizzle and rain looked to pass over where I was in northwest Houston, TX, during the mid-morning. Light rain and drizzle with some moderate to moderately heavy rain showers looked to pass over where I was in northwest Houston, TX, during the late morning and early afternoon. More light rain and drizzle looked to fall, where I was in northwest Houston, TX and on my way to the auto show at the NRG center, during the mid and late afternoon, and maybe evening and night. I think there looked to be a light dense fog, on my way home from the auto show at the NRG center, during the night. The sky looked to be completely covered in stratus clouds, where I was in the Houston, TX area, during the morning, afternoon, evening, and night. The wind speeds looked to be calm with maybe some gentle to moderate gusts and some moderately strong gusts. It felt cool, during the early and mid-morning, evening, and night, I think. It felt a little cool, almost warm, or maybe warm, during the late morning and afternoon. There was a Hazardous Weather Outlook issued for the Houston, TX area, by NOAA. There were no other watches, warnings, alerts, advisories, or weather statements/outlooks issued for the Houston, TX area, that I know of. The low temperatures looked to be in the 50's, I think the high temperatures looked to be in the mid to high 60's, I think, for the Houston, TX area.


Houston, TX Storm Summary: Light to heavy showers and maybe some thunderstorms, or showers, looked to be scattered across the Houston, TX area, during the morning, afternoon, evening, and night. I didn't see, or hear about any flooding, or damage caused by the weather to any of the locations in the Houston, TX area. There might have been some minor flash flooding in some locations in the Houston, TX area, but I don't know. I didn't hear about any.


My Storm Summary: Light to heavy showers with some possible thunderstorms, looked to have passed over my house, during the early morning. Light drizzle and rain looked to pass over where I was in northwest Houston, TX, during the mid-morning. Light rain and drizzle with some moderate to moderately heavy rain showers looked to pass over where I was in northwest Houston, TX, during the late morning and early afternoon. More light rain and drizzle looked to fall, where I was in northwest Houston, TX and on my way to the auto show at the NRG center, during the mid and late afternoon, and maybe evening and night. I think there looked to be a light dense fog, on my way home from the auto show at the NRG center, during the night. The streets and ground looked to have stayed wet and muddy with some small to big puddles, where I was in the Houston, TX area, during the day. I didn't see any flashes of lightning and I don't remember hearing any rumbles of thunder. I didn't see any flooding, or damage caused by the weather, where I was in the Houston, TX area, during anytime of the day.


Locations: Northwest and southwest Houston, TX.


Thoughts: The rain was fun, but I was hoping for some exciting thunderstorms.

No comments:

Post a Comment