Friday, January 12, 2018

Jan. 11 18

Northwest Houston, TX, during the early morning.
Northwest Houston, TX, during the late morning.
West Houston, TX, during the late morning.
Houston, TX radar, during the late morning.
Houston, TX Medical Center during the early afternoon.

Houston, TX radar, during the early afternoon.
Houston, TX Medical Center, during the early afternoon. After the first line of thunderstorms passed through.
Northwest Houston, TX, during the mid-afternoon.
Houston, TX radar, during the mid-afternoon.
Northwest Houston, TX, during the early evening.
Houston, TX, during the mid-afternoon.
Houston, TX radar, during the late afternoon.
Houston, TX radar, during the early evening. 


Summary: The day was mostly warm, mostly cloudy, and wet. Clusters of pop up moderate to moderately heavy and some heavy and maybe sometimes really heavy showers and mostly thunderstorms passed through the Houston, TX area, during the late morning, afternoon, and evening. I first started to feel and see some light rain, where I work in northwest Houston, TX, during the late morning. Some light rain looked to pass over my dad and me on our way to the Medical Center, during the late morning and early afternoon. A line of heavy to maybe really heavy thunderstorms passed over the building that my dad and me where in, in the Medical Center, during the early afternoon. Another cluster of showers and thunderstorms passed over my neighborhood, where I was, during the mid and late afternoon, and parts of the early evening. I didn't see anymore drops of precip after that. Stratus clouds with some alto stratus clouds looked to cover most of the sky and maybe sometimes the whole sky, during the morning, afternoon, evening, and maybe night. I think stratus clouds looked to cover the whole sky, during the night. The wind speeds were calm with maybe some gentle to moderate gusts and some moderately strong gusts, during the morning and early afternoon. The wind speeds started to become gentle with moderate to moderately strong gusts and some really strong 20 to 30+ mph gusts, during the mid-afternoon and stayed that strong, through the late afternoon, evening, and night. It felt cool, during the early morning. It felt a little cool, during the mid-morning. It started to feel warm, during the late morning. It felt warm, during the early afternoon. It started to feel cool with a very cool wind, during the mid-afternoon. It felt cool with a strong very cool wind, during the late afternoon, evening, and night. It started to feel very cool with a strong cold wind, during the late night. There was a wind advisory issued for the Houston, TX area, for the mid afternoon, through tomorrow, early in the morning at 3 am, by NOAA. There were no other watches, warnings, alerts, advisories, or weather statements/outlooks issued for the Houston, TX area, that I know of. The low temperatures looked to be in the low 40's with maybe some high 30's and the high temperatures looked to be in the low 70's, for the Houston, TX area.


Houston, TX Storm Summary: Clusters of pop up moderate to moderately heavy and some heavy and maybe sometimes really heavy showers and mostly thunderstorms passed through the Houston, TX area, during the late morning, afternoon, and evening. I didn't see, or hear about any flooding, or damage, caused by the weather, to any of the locations in the Houston, TX area, during anytime of the day. 


My Storm Summary: I first started to feel and see some light rain, where I work in northwest Houston, TX, during the late morning. Some light rain looked to pass over my dad and me on our way to the Medical Center, during the late morning and early afternoon. A line of heavy to maybe really heavy thunderstorms passed over the building that my dad and me where in, in the Medical Center, during the early afternoon. Another cluster of showers and thunderstorms passed over my neighborhood, where I was, during the mid and late afternoon, and parts of the early evening. I didn't see anymore drops of precip after that. It looked like there might have been some flash flooding, when my dad and I left the Medical Center, on our way back to his store in west Houston, TX. I don't remember seeing any lightning strikes, but I did hear some low rumbles of thunder. I didn't see any storm damage caused by the weather, but I did see some pictures of hail, from one of my co-workers, at my job in northwest Houston, TX. I don't know if the hail caused any damage, or not. The hail looked to be quarter sized.


Locations: Northwest and west Houston, TX, and the Montrose and the Medical Center areas of Houston, TX.


Thoughts: Very strong wind gusts! I enjoyed the thunderstorms.

No comments:

Post a Comment