Sunday, January 7, 2018

Jan. 6 18

Northwest Houston, TX, during the mid-morning.
West Houston, TX, during the mid-morning.
Downtown Houston, TX, during the mid-morning.
Downtown, Houston, TX, during the mid-morning.
West Houston, TX, during the late evening.


Summary: The day was cool, dry, and calm. I don't remember seeing any rain on the radar, over the Houston, TX area, during anytime of the day. I didn't feel, see, or hear any drops of precip, during anytime of the day. The sky looked to be clear with maybe some alto, or maybe cirro stratus clouds, during the early and mid-morning. I think the sky looked to be clear with maybe some alto, or maybe cirro stratus clouds, during the late morning and afternoon. Stratus clouds looked to cover most of the sky, during the evening and maybe night. The wind speeds looked to be calm with maybe some gentle to moderate gusts and some moderately strong gusts. It felt very cool, during the early and mid-morning and night. It felt cool, during the late morning, afternoon, and evening. There were no watches, warnings, alerts, advisories, or weather statements/outlooks issued for the Houston, TX, that I know of. The low temperatures looked to be in the high 40's with maybe some mid to low 40's and the high temperatures looked to be in the mid to high 60's, I think, for the Houston, TX area.


Houston, TX Storm Summary: I don't remember seeing any rain on the radar, over the Houston, TX area, during anytime of the day. I didn't see, or hear about any reports of flooding, or damage, caused by the weather, to any of the locations in the Houston, TX area, during anytime of the day.


My Storm Summary: I didn't feel, see, or hear any drops of precip, during anytime of the day. I didn't see any precip producing, or thunderstorm type clouds, during anytime of the day. I didn't see any flooding, or damage caused by the weather. I didn't see any wet roads, puddles, or wet ground, caused by the weather. I didn't hear any rumbles of thunder, or see any lightning strikes. 


Locations: Northwest and west Houston, TX, and Downtown Houston, TX.


Thoughts: It was almost warm day. The cold is almost gone. But it doesn't look like the warmth will last that long as there is a cold front expected to push through the Houston, TX area, Monday morning and Thursday. Temperatures are forecasted to be near freezing on Thursday. But oh well. Winter will be over soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment