Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Jan. 22 18

Houston, TX radar, during the early morning, before sunrise.
Northwest Houston, TX, during the early morning.
Northwest Houston, TX, during the early afternoon.
Northwest Houston, TX, during the early evening.


Summary: The day was sunny, windy, and mostly dry. A line of light to moderately heavy and heavy with maybe some really heavy rain showers and possible thunderstorms, moved slowly west/ south to north, through the Houston, TX area, during the early morning. There didn't look to be anymore precip in the Houston, TX area, after the early morning. Some light to moderately heavy and maybe sometimes heavy rain showers looked to have passed over my house in northwest Houston, TX, during the early morning. I didn't see, feel, or hear any drops of precip after that. Stratus and alto stratus clouds looked to cover most of the sky, during the early morning. Alto stratus clouds with maybe some stratus clouds, looked to be widely scattered across the sky, during the mid and late morning, afternoon, evening, and maybe night. The wind speeds looked to be calm with gentle to moderate gusts and some moderately strong gusts with maybe some occasional really strong 20 mph gusts. I think it felt cool, during the early and mid-morning, evening, and night. I think it felt warm, or started to feel warm, during the late morning. I think it felt warm, during the afternoon. There were no watches, warnings, alerts, advisories, or weather statements/outlooks issued for the Houston, TX area, that I know of. The low temperatures looked to be in the mid to high 40's, or maybe low 50's and the high temperatures looked to be in the high 60's with maybe some mid 60's, I think, for the Houston, TX area.


Houston, TX Storm Summary:  A line of light to moderately heavy and heavy with maybe some really heavy rain showers and possible thunderstorms, moved slowly west/ south to north, through the Houston, TX area, during the early morning. There didn't look to be anymore precip in the Houston, TX area, after the early morning. I didn't see, or hear about any flooding, or damage caused by the weather, to any of the locations in the Houston, TX area, during anytime of the day.


My Storm Summary: Some light to moderately heavy and maybe sometimes heavy rain showers looked to have passed over my house in northwest Houston, TX, during the early morning. I didn't see, feel, or hear any drops of precip, where I was in northwest Houston, TX, after that. The ground stayed wet and muddy with some small to big puddles, where I was in northwest Houston, TX, during the morning, afternoon, evening, and night. The roads looked to have started to dry up from the rain, where I was in northwest Houston, TX, during the early morning. The roads looked to be dry, during the mid and late morning, afternoon, evening, and night, where I was in northwest Houston, TX. I didn't see any lightning strikes and I don't remember hearing any rumbles of thunder. I didn't see any flooding, or damage caused by the weather, where I was, during the day.


Locations: Northwest Houston, TX.


Thoughts: Just another classic cold front moving through the Houston, TX area. I was hoping to see more rain, but I was glad that it didn't get that cold.+

No comments:

Post a Comment