Friday, March 9, 2012

Cool Almost Cold and Wet!

This is the first cluster of storms that brought some heavy rain and loud thunder to my area and most of Houston 

These are videos of the scattered storms that went through my area during the afternoon, evening, and night.

Today was cool with a low of 50 degrees and a high of 57 degrees. It was raining, the wind speeds seemed to be around 10 mph, the humidity level was a 100%, and there might have been a light fog when I checked at around 12:30 am. The humidity level was really high when I checked at around 1:30 am. The wind speeds were around 5 mph with some gusts around 15 mph, the humidity level was a 100%, and I think the rain had stopped when I checked at around 2:30 am. The wind speeds were around 10 mph wtih some gusts 15 and 20 mph and the humidity level was really high when I checked at around 3:50 am. The humidity level was high when I checked at around 6:20 am. The wind speeds were around 10 mph with gusts around 20 mph when I checked at around 9 am. It was raining when I checked at around 9:20 am. It had stopped raining when I checked at around 9:40 am, the rain was light. It started to rain at around 3:10 pm. The rain started to get heavy and I saw some lightning and heard some loud thunder between 4:30 and 5 pm. The rain was moderate until around 5:50 pm, when it got heavy with more ligthning and loud thunder. The rain got moderate about ten or, 20 minutes later. The rain got heavy again at around 6:50 pm, there was no lightning or, thunder this time. The wind speeds were around 5 mph with gusts around 10 mph, some around 15 mph and there seemed to be a light fog when I checked at around 7 pm, they were about the same during the late afternoon and evening. The visibility was 8 miles when I checked at around 7:10 pm. The wind speeds were around 10 mph with some gusts around 15 mph when I checked at around 8:20 pm. The wind speeds were around 10 mph and it had stopped raining when I checked at around 9:20 pm. It was raining with some random rumblings of thunder when I checked at around 11 pm. It was still raining with some random rumblings of thunder at the end of the day, the rain was either light or, moderate. The humidity levels stayed high after 6:20 am. I think the wind speeds were calm near 12 am because they were calm when I checked at around 1 minute after 12 am. I think the fog left sometime during 7 pm, if there was any but, I don't think there was, I think it was the rain that made it look foggy, i'm not sure. I think the visibility came back to 10 miles sometime during the night but i'm nut sure when. There were some scattered showers and drizzle in the morning and scattered thunderstorms during the afternoon, evening, and night across Houston. Most of the areas got near or, above an inch of rain. The area that reported the highest rainfall total reported 3.08 inches, my area reported 1.40 inches of rain. The day was cool, almost cold, and wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment