Saturday, March 10, 2012

Cool With Some Heavy Thunderstorms!

It looked foggy during the day.
This is a picture of the tree that fell down it was taken in the next day because I couldn't get a picture of it during the night.

These are pictures of some of the showers that passed through Houston.

Above is a picture of the storm that might have made that loud thunder at around 6:30 pm, there was special weather statement or, some kind of watch or, warning with the storm as seen in the picture below, it doesn't say which. The storm came close but, didn't pass through my area.

Today was cool with a low of 50 degrees and a high of 63 degrees. It was raining, the humidity level was high, the wind speeds were calm, and I think I saw a flash of lightning when I checked at around 12 am. I started to see some lightning and hear some loud thunder at around 12:30 am. The rain was moderately heavy and the wind speeds were around 5 mph with gusts around 10 mph when I checked at around 1 am. The humidity level was really high and the visibility was 6 miles when I checked at around 1:10 am. The rain had stopped, the wind speeds were around 10 mph with some gusts around 20 mph, and the humidity level was high when I checked at around 2:20 am. The wind speeds were calm when I checked at around 3:50 am. It was raining, the wind speeds were around 10 mph, and there seemed to be a light fog when I checked at around 5:40 am. The visibility was 8 miles and the rain had stopped when I checked at around 10 am. The wind speeds were around 10 mph with gusts around 15 mph some around 20 mph and the visibilty was 9 miles when I checked at around 11:20 am. The wind speeds were around 10 mph with some gusts around 20 mph when I checked at around 12 pm. The wind speeds were around 10 mph when I checked at around 2:20 am. It was raining and the wind speeds were around 10 mph with gusts around 15 mph when I checked at around 4:30 pm. The wind speeds were around 5 mph with gusts around 10 mph and the humidity level was really high when I checked at around 5:10 pm. I heard a either a loud thunder or, tree falling at around 6:30 pm, it was drizzling and another one of our trees had fallen. The humidity level was a 100% when I checked at around 7 pm. The humidity level was high and the visibility was 7 miles when I checked at around 9 pm. The wind speeds were around 10 mph with some gusts around 20 mph when I checked at around 9:10 pm. The wind speeds were around 10 mph with some gusts around 20 mph after 9:10 pm. There seemed to be a light fog from late at night till the end of the day. The humidity level was really high, the visibility was 5 miles, and there might have still been some light drizzle, at the end of the day. There were mostly showers and some heavy thunderstorms arcoss Houston from the beginning to the end of the day. I don't know what the rainfall totals were because I forgot to look at the map and there had been alot more rain since yesterday so, I couldn't figure which rainfall total was from yesterday, I didn't feel like looking through every area to find that out. I think most of the areas on the east side reported between .04 and .16 inches of rain, while most of the areas on the west side reported between .50 to 1 inch or, more, I think most of the rain was on the west side, that's what I saw when I looked at the radar. My area reported .90 inches of rain. The day was cool and wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment