Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Strong Storms and Gusty Winds!





Interesting stratocumulus and cumulus clouds.



Some pictures of before and after the line of showers and storms came through.


Today was cool with a low of 58 degrees and a high of 74 degrees. The sky was cloudy, the wind speeds were around 10 mph with gusts around 20 mph, some around 30 and maybe 40 mph, and the humidity level was high when I checked at around 12 am. It was raining hard and I saw some lightning and heard some thunder when I checked at around 7:50 am. The rain was moderate, there seemed to be some dense fog, and the visibility was 1.5 miles when I checked at around 8 am. The wind speeds were around 10 mph with some gusts around 20 mph and there was some loud thunder and lightning when I checked at around 8:20 am. The rain was light, the wind speeds were around 10 mph with gusts around 15 mph, some around 20 mph, the humidity level was a 100%, and I could still hear a rumlbe of thunder in the distance when I checked at around 9:30 am. The rain became moderate at around 9:35 am. The rain was light, the wind speeds were around 5 mph with gusts around 10 mph and the humidity level was really high when I checked at around 10 am. The rain was moderate, the wind speeds were around 10 mph with gusts around 15 mph, some around 20 mph when I woke up at around 11:20 am. The rain was light when I checked at around 11:30 am. The rain had stopped and the wind speeds were around 10 mph with gusts around 20 mph when I checked at around 12:30 pm. The humidity level was high when I checked at around 2:10 pm. The wind speeds were around 10 mph when I checked at around 2:20 pm. It was raining moderately and I could hear some thunder when I got out of the shower at around 3:20 pm. The rain was light, I didn't hear anymore thunder, and the wind speeds were calm when I checked at around 3:30 pm. The rain stopped at around 3:40 pm. It started to rain at around 5 pm, the rain started out moderate then was light, the rain had stopped when I checked at around 5:50 pm. The wind speeds were around 5 mph with gusts around 10 mph when my dad and mom took me home at around 7 pm. The wind speeds were calm when I checked at around 8 pm. There seemed to be a light fog when I checked at around 8:30 pm. The sky was mostly cloudy when I checked at around 9:30 pm. The humidity level was really high when I checked at around 11:20 pm. I think the humidity levels stayed really high after 11:20 pm, they were high when I checked at around 20 minutes past 12 am. I think the sky stayed mostly cloudy after 9:30 pm, the sky was cloudy when I checked at around 20 minutes past 12 am. The wind speeds stayed calm after 8 pm. The line of showers and thunderstorms brought about an inch to every area in Houston. Only two areas reported more than 2 inches of rain. The area that reported the highest rainfall total, reported 2.08 inches, that is less than the 3 to 5 inches that they expected. My area reported 1.12 inches of rain. The day was wet and cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment