Monday, May 7, 2012

Mostly Cloudy and Hot 2!


There was a special weather statement issued ahead of the line of showers and thunderstorms.


Today was hot with a low of 67 degrees and a high of 90 degrees. The sky looked clear, the wind speeds were calm, the humidity level was a 100%, and there seemed to be a light fog at 12 am. The light fog was gone when I checked at around 7 am. The sky was partly cloudy when I looked out of my bedroom window at around 7:10 am.
The sky was mostly cloudy when I checked at around 9:30 am. The wind speeds were around 5 mph with some gusts around 10 mph and the humidity level was high when I checked at around 9:50 am. The humidity level was a little high when I checked at around 11:40 am. The sky was cloudy and the wind speeds were around 5 mph when I checked at around 11:50 am.
The sky was mostly cloudy when I checked at around 12:20 pm. The wind speeds were calm when I checked at around 1 pm. The wind speeds were around 5 mph with gusts around 10 mph when I checked at around 1:30 pm. The wind speeds were around 5 mph when I checked at around 2 pm.
The wind speeds were calm and the humidity level was low when I checked at around 3 pm. The wind speeds were calm with some gusts around 5 mph when I looked out of my bedroom window at around 3:30 pm. The sky looked clear when I looked out of my bedroom window at around 5 pm. The wind speeds were around 5 mph with some gusts around 10 mph, some around 20 mph, and the humidity level was a little high when I checked at around 5:30 pm.
The wind speeds were around 5 mph with gusts around 10 mph, some around 15, maybe 20 mph when I checked at around 6 pm. The sky was partly cloudy when my dad and me left my dad's store at around 7 pm. The sky was cloudy when I checked at around 8:50 pm. The wind speeds were calm and the humidity level was high when I checked at around 9:40 pm.
The sky was still cloudy, the wind speeds were still calm, and the humidity levels were still high at the end of the day. There was a line of showers and thunderstorms coming towards Houston during the last hour of the day. Only a few areas reported a rainfall total. One of the areas reported .04 inches, the other area reported .08 inches, and the area that reported the highest rainfall total reported .44 inches of rain.
The reason why my area didn't report a rainfall total is because the line of showers and thunderstorms hadn't reached my area yet. My area got close to breaking it's daily record high. The daily record high is 91 degrees set in 1947. The day was mostly cloudy and hot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment