Friday, May 11, 2012

Strong Storms Made The Power go Out!

 

This picture was taken a couple of minutes before the first severe thunderstorm passed through my house.

The sky was cloudy, the wind speeds were around 5 mph, and the humidity level was high at 12 am. I started hearing thunder and seeing lightning at around 1 am. It started to rain at around 1:30 am. The rain went from moderate to heavy at around 1:50 am.
The rain got really heavy, there were some loud lightning strikes, and there were some 20 to maybe 30 mph wind gusts at around 2 am. I saw some maybe 40 mph wind gusts at around 2:10 am, the humidity level was really high and the visibility was 1.5 miles when I checked. The rain became moderate at around 2:20 am. The wind speeds were calm and the visibility was 4 miles when I checked at around 2:30 am.
The thunder and lightning stopped and the rain became light at around 2:50 am. I started to hear more thunder and see more lightning from another approaching storm at around 3 am. The rain became moderate at around 3:05 am. The humidity level was high and the visibility was 2 miles when I checked at around 3:10 am.
The wind speeds were around 5 mph with some gusts around 10 mph when I checked at around 3:30 am. I didn't hear any thunder or, see anymore lightning and the visibility was 3 miles when I checked at around 3:40 am. The wind speeds were around 5 mph, the humidity level was really high, and the visibility was 7 miles when I went to bed at around 4 am. It had stopped raining, the wind speeds were calm, the humidity level was high, and the visibility was back to 10 miles when I checked at around 5:20 am, the rain was moderate.
The sky was mostly cloudy but, quickly became cloudy again and the wind speeds were around 5 mph when I checked at around 9:30 am. The wind speeds were around 5 mph with some gusts around 20 mph when my brother and me went to Costco at around 11 am. The sky was mostly cloudy when we left at around 12 pm. The wind speeds were around 5 mph with gusts around 10 mph, some around 15 mph and the humidity level was a little high when I checked at around 12:20 pm.
The wind speeds were around 5 mph when I checked at around 2:20 pm. The sky was cloudy when I looked out of the kitchen window at around 3:50 pm. The wind speeds were around 5 mph with gusts around 10 mph when I checked at around 4 pm. The sky became mostly cloudy at around 4:10 pm.
The wind speeds were around 5 mph with gusts around 15 mph, some gusts around 20 mph and the humidity level was high when I checked at around 5 pm. The wind speeds were around 5 mph with gusts around 10 and 15 mph, some around 20 mph when I checked at around 6 pm. The wind speeds were around 10 mph with gusts around 20 mph and the humidity level was a little high when I checked at around 6:50 pm. The sky was becoming cloudy and the wind speeds were around 5 mph with some gusts around 15 and 20 mph when I checked at around 7:10 pm.
I started to hear some thunder at around 7:40 pm, the wind speeds were around 5 mph when I checked. The wind speeds were calm, I started to see some lightning, and a light rain started to fall at around 8 pm. The lights flickered at around 8:10 pm, the humidity level was high when I checked. The power went out, the rain got really heavy, there were some 50 to 60 mph wind gusts, maybe even higher, there was really loud thunder, and there might have been some hail at around 8:20 pm.
The wind speeds were around 5 mph with some gusts around 15 and 20, maybe even 30 mph at around 8:30 pm. The rain became moderate at around 8:45 pm. The rain became light at around 8:50 pm. The rain was moderate when my dad and me went to get crunchy ice cream popsicle's from HEB at around 9 pm. The rain had stopped, I could still hear some rumbles of thunder, there was still alot of lightning strikes, and the wind speeds were calm when my dad and me left HEB at around 9:20 pm. I noticed that there was light rain falling when I looked out of the front door at around 10:15 pm. The rain became moderately heavy at around 10:20 pm. The rain was heavy when I checked at around 10:40 pm.
The power came back on at 10:50 pm. The rain was moderate when I checked at around 11 pm. It looked like it had stopped raining when I checked at around 11:20 pm. Moderate rain was falling, the wind speeds were around 5 mph, and the visibility was 2.5 miles when I checked at around 11:40 pm.
There was still moderate rain falling, I could still see lightning and hear occasional thunder, and the humidity level was still high at the end of the day. The wind speeds might have been calm near the end of the day because they were calm when I checked at around 1 minute past the of the day. The visibility might have been 4 miles near the end of the day because the visibility was 4 miles when I checked at around 5 minutes past the end of the day. I wasn't able to show the rainfall map or, the videos I took of the storm because I was having cd and video problems.
The day was mostly cloudy and breezy.

No comments:

Post a Comment