Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Warm With an Evening Thunderstorm in D.C.!


Today was hot with a low of 69 degrees and a high of 91 degrees. The sky looked clear, the humidity level was high, and the wind speeds seemed calm at 12 am. The wind speeds were around 10 mph when I checked at around 8:40 am. The wind speeds rose to around 10 mph, with gusts around 15, maybe 20 mph sometime during 9 or, 10 am.
Some clouds started to pop up late in the morning. The sky became partly cloudy early in the afternoon. The sky was mostly cloudy sometime during 2 or, 3 pm. The humidity level was a little high when I checked at around 4 pm.
The storm clouds started to roll in and there were wind gusts around 20 mph at around 8 pm. Heavy rain started to fall and there was some possible cloud to ground lightning strikes with loud thunder when the storms started to come through at around 8:30 pm. The rain was moderate and the wind speeds were around 5 mph, gusts around 10, maybe 15 mph with some still possible cloud to ground lightning strikes and loud thunder when I went on my aunt's apartment's balcony at around 9 pm. There still seemed to be a light rain falling, there were still some lightning strikes in the distance, and I notcied that I wasn't hearing thunder anymore at around 9:40 pm, the humidity level was really high when I checked.
The wind speeds were calm and the visibility was 6 miles when I checked at around 10 pm. The visibility was 9 miles when I checked at around 10:40 pm. The visibility was 10 miles when I checked at around 2 minutes till the end of the day. The wind speeds were still calm at the end of the day.
The rain and the lightning might have been gone near the end of the day because they were gone when I checked at 8 minutes past the end of the day. The day was mostly cloudy and warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment