Sunday, May 27, 2012

Mostly Cloudy And Hot in D.C.!



Today was hot with a low of 70 degrees and a high of 87 degrees. The sky was mostly cloudy when I woke up at around 8:30 am. The wind speeds were around 5 mph with gusts around 10 mph, maybe some around 15 mph when I went on my grandma's balcony at around 9 am. The humidity level was high when I checked at around 10 am.
The sky was partly cloudy when I looked out of the window at around 10:20 am. Storm started to approach my grandma's aprtment at around 9 pm. I started to see some 20 to 30, maybe even 40 mph wind gusts and some lightning, at around 9:20 pm, I didn't here any thunder. It started to rain at around 9:30 pm, the rain was moderately heavy.
The rain supposedly ended at around 11 pm, was hard to see the rain drops from my grandma's apartment window, that's what the radar showed. The sky was still cloudy after the rain had ended. The humidity level was really high when I checked at around 11:40 pm. The wind speeds were around 5 mph with gusts around 10, maybe 15 mph when I checked at around 11:50 pm.
The sky was still cloudy and the wind speeds were still around 5 mph with gusts around 10, maybe 15 mph at the end of the day. I'm not sure if the humidity levels were still really high at the end of the day because the humidity levels were high when I checked at 20 minutes past the end of the day, I think they were really high.
I'm not really sure how much rain had fallen, the highest rainfall total was probably about an 1 inch, maybe 2 inches.
Maybe about half an inch to an inch of rain fell around my Grandmother's apartment. The day was mostly cloudy and hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment