Sunday, October 1, 2017

Oct. 1 17

Northwest Houston, TX, during the early morning.
Near the Katy, TX area, during the mid-morning.
Temple, TX, during the early afternoon.
On my back to Houston, TX, from Temple, TX, during the early afternoon.
On my way back to Houston, TX, from Temple, TX, during the mid-afternoon.
Near Katy, TX, during the late afternoon.
Cypress, TX, during the late afternoon.
Northwest Houston, TX, during the late afternoon.
Northwest Houston, TX, during the early evening.
Northwest Houston, TX, during the late evening.


Summary: There looked to be some isolated light showers in and around the Houston, TX area, during the late afternoon, evening, and night. I didn't see, feel, or hear any rain drops. The sky looked clear in Houston, TX, on the way to Temple, TX, during the morning. The sky looked to be clear, on my back to Houston, TX, from Temple, TX, during the early afternoon. Stratus and stratocumulus clouds looked to have started to be widely scattered across the sky, on my way back to Houston, TX, from Temple, TX, during the mid-afternoon. Stratus and stratocumulus clouds looked to be widely scattered across the sky on my back to Houston, TX, from Temple, TX, during the late afternoon. Stratus clouds looked to be scattered across the sky, in northwest Houston, TX, during the evening and maybe night. The wind speeds looked to be calm with maybe some gentle to moderate gusts and some occasional moderately strong gusts. It felt a little cool, during the early morning. It felt warm, becoming very warm, during the mid-morning. It felt very warm, almost hot, during the late morning. It felt hot, during the afternoon and early evening. It started to feel warm, or maybe very warm, during the late evening. It felt warm, or maybe very warm, during the night. There was a Air Quality Alert issued for the Houston, TX area, for today. There were no other watches, warnings, alerts, advisories, or weather statements/outlooks issued for the Houston, TX area, that I know of. There were no other watches, warnings, alerts, advisories, or weather statements/outlooks issued for any of the other areas that I was in, in Texas that I know of. The low temps looked to be in the 60's and 70's and the high temps looked to be in the 90's with maybe some 80's, for the areas that I was in, in Texas.


Southeast and central Texas Weather Statement: I didn't see any rain on the radar, anywhere, other than Houston, TX. There looked to be some isolated light showers in and around the Houston, TX area, on the radar, during the late afternoon, evening, and night. I didn't hear about any reports of flooding, or storm damage.


My Storm Summary: I didn't see, feel, or hear any rain drops. I didn't see any flooding, wet roads, or wet ground, lightning, or storm clouds, or damage. I didn't hear any rumbles of thunder.


Locations: Parts of southeast and central Texas.


Thoughts: I had a pleasant drive through parts of Texas today.

No comments:

Post a Comment