Sunday, October 22, 2017

Oct. 21 17

Northwest Houston, TX, during the early morning.
Northwest Houston, TX, during the early afternoon.
West Houston, TX, near Katy, TX, during the early afternoon.
In, or maybe near Katy, TX, during the early afternoon.
Cypress, TX, during the early afternoon.
Northwest Houston, TX, during the late afternoon.


Summary: The day was very warm, mostly cloudy, and dry. Some isolated moderate to moderately heavy and heavy showers and thunderstorms formed and passed through the Houston, TX area, during the afternoon and maybe evening and night. A light drizzle fell on my cars windshield as I was driving along feeder of  I-10 west towards Kart, TX, during the early afternoon. I heard a loud rumble of thunder while I was at my house in northwest Houston, TX, during the mid-afternoon. Alto stratus and stratus clouds looked to cover most of the sky, during the morning, afternoon, and evening. Alto stratus with maybe some stratus clouds looked to be scattered across the sky, during the night. The wind speeds looked to be calm with gentle to moderate gusts and some moderately strong and some possible occasional really strong 20 mph gusts. It felt warm, during the early and mid-morning, late evening, and night. It felt hot, during the late morning. It felt very warm, almost hot, during the afternoon. It felt very warm, during the early evening. There were no watches, warnings, alerts, advisories, or weather statements/outlooks issued for the Houston, TX area, that I know of. The low temperatures looked to be in the 70's, or maybe 60's with some 70's and the high temperatures looked to be in the mid to high 80's, for the Houston, TX area.


Houston, TX Storm Summary: Some isolated moderate to moderately heavy and heavy showers and thunderstorms formed and passed through the Houston, TX area, during the afternoon and maybe evening and night. I didn't hear, or see any reports about any flash flooding, or damage.


My Storm Summary: A light drizzle fell on my cars windshield as I was driving along feeder of  I-10 west towards Kart, TX, during the early afternoon. I heard a loud rumble of thunder while I was at my house in northwest Houston, TX, during the mid-afternoon. I saw a few thunderstorm and rain producing like clouds. I saw puddles while I was at a Wal-Mart near my house, during the early night. I didn't see any flooding, lightning, or damage. I only saw some drizzle. None of the thunderstorms, or rain producing clouds ever passed over where I was, so I didn't see any rain from them.


Locations: Northwest and west Houston, TX, Cypress, TX, and maybe Katy, TX.


Thoughts: Well it did get pretty hot today. I almost felt like going for a swim in the pool!

No comments:

Post a Comment