Saturday, February 18, 2012

Cool and Stormy!





These are the puddles left over from the storms that came through my area in the morning.
                        The storms covered more than a half of the map of Texas.


The last line of storms passed through my area at around 8 am, there was a severe thunder storm and flash flood warning issued ahead of the storms.

Today was cool with a low of 53 degrees and a high of 63 degrees. It was raining, the humidity level was really high, the wind speeds were around 5 mph, and there was a dense fog when I checked at around 12:30 am, the rain was light. The visibility was 5 miles when I checked at around 12:40 am. The rain seemed to have stopped when I checked at around 1:30 am. It was raining again when I checked at around 1:40 am. The wind speeds were around 10 mph when I checked at around 1:50 am. The rain started to get heavy at around 2:20 am. The rain seemed light when I checked at around 2:30 am. The rain became moderately heavy at around 3 am. The wind speeds were around 5 mph with some gusts around 15 mph, maybe even 20 mph when I checked at around 3:10 am. The rain was moderate, the visibility was 7 miles, and the wind speeds were around 10 mph with gusts around 15 mph, some around 20 mph when I went to sleep at around 3:20 am. I started to hear some loud thunder and see lightning, it was raining, the rain was moderately heavy, and the wind speeds were around 5 mph when I woke up at around 8:20 am. The visibility was .9 miles when I checked at around 8:30 am. The rain was moderate when I looked out my window at 8:35 am, I could still hear some thunder in the distance but, I didn't see any more lightning strikes. The rain was light when I checked at around 8:40 am. The wind speeds were around 10 mph with gusts around 15 mph, maybe some around 20 mph when I checked at around 8:50 am. The rain had stopped, the fog was light, and the visibility was 7 miles when I checked at around 9 am. It was raining when I checked at around 9:10 am. The wind speeds were around 10 mph when I checked at around 9:50 am. The wind speeds were around 10 mph with gusts around 15 mph and the visibility was backt to 10 miles when I checked at around 12 pm. The humidity level was high when I checked at around 12:30 pm. It looked foggy and there was a heavy drizzle at around 4 pm, when I looked out of the window of my dad's store. The wind speeds were around 5 mph with maybe some gusts around 10 mph and the visibility was 5 miles when I checked at around 4:30 pm. The fog was light, the visibility was back to 10 miles and the drizzle had stopped when I checked at around 5:20 pm. There was a moderate drizzle and the fog was thicker when I left my dad's store at around 6:40 pm. The Drizzle got heavier at around 6:50 pm, while waiting for my dad to get milk from HEB. The fog was either gone or, light and the drizzle was light when we my dad and I got home at around 7 pm. The humidity level was high when I checked at around 7:10 pm. The drizzle stopped sometime during 7 pm. There were gusts around 20 mph when my dad, brother, and me left the Lucky Village restuarant at around 8:20 pm. The wind speeds were around 10 mph with gusts around 15 mph, maybe some around 20 mph when I checked at around 8:50 pm, about 20 minutes from when we arrived at my home. The wind speeds were around 10 mph with gusts around 15 mph, some around 20 mph when I checked at around 10:40 pm. The wind speeds stayed around 10 mph with gusts around 15 mph, some around 20 mph after 10:40 pm. The humidity levels stayed high after 7:10 pm. The sky stayed cloudy after the drizzle had stopped sometime during 7 pm. The fog seemed to have left sometime during the night, probably after 7 pm. There were alot of scattered heavy showers and thunderstorms during the morning around Houston, almost every area reported an inch or more. The area that reported the most rain was the Lateral @ Sens Road area whcih got 4.60 inches of rain. My area reported 1.92 inches of rain. The day was cool and stormy.

No comments:

Post a Comment