Thursday, February 2, 2012

Warm and Wet!

                      This is a picture of the dense fog that we had in the morning.

                   This was one of the small showers that passed through my area.
This picture was taken a day later so, there are areas that got a higher rainfall total than the area that got the highest.

Today was warm with a low of 66 degrees and a high of 72 degrees. The sky was cloudy, the wind speeds were around 5 mph, the humidity level was high, there was a dense fog, and the visibility was 0.8 miles when I checked at around 12:30 am. The humidity level was really high and the visibility was 1.5 miles when I went to sleep at around 2:20 am. The humidity level was a 100% and the visibility was 5 miles when I checked at around 7:30 am. The humidity level was really high and the wind speeds were calm when I checked at around 8 am. The wind speeds were around 10 mph and they said that the visibility was back to 10 miles but, I didn't think that's true because it was still foggy when I woke up at around 10 am. The sky was mostly cloudy, the wind speeds were around 10 mph with gusts around 15 mph, and the humidity level was high when I checked at around 11 am. The sky was cloudy and the wind speeds were around 10 mph at around 12 pm, while I was riding my bike around my area. The fog seemed to be gone but, I wasn't sure when I checked at around 1 pm. The wind speeds were around 10 mph with gusts around 15 mph and maybe some around 20 mph when I checked at around 1:30 pm. A light shower passed through my area at around 2 pm. The radar showed that it was gone by around 2:10 pm. The wind speeds were around 10 mph and the visibility was 8 miles when I checked at around 2:30 pm. It started to rain again at around 2:50 pm. There was some off and on showers at around 3 pm.  don't know if there were any at around 4 pm because I was at the store. It was cloudy and there seemed to be a light fog when I got home at around 5:30 pm. The visibility was back to 10 miles and the wind speeds were around 10 mph with gusts around 15 mph and some around 20 mph when I checked at around 6 pm. Another small shower passed through my area at around 6:20 pm. It was drizzling at around 6:30 pm. The drizzling had stopped, it was cloudy, and the wind speeds were around 10 mph with gusts around 15 mph and maybe some around 20 mph when I checked at around 7:30 pm. The visibility was 8 miles when I checked at around 8:30 pm. The wind speeds were around 5 mph with gusts around 20 mph and the visibility was 7 miles when I checked at around 9 pm. There was some drizzle, some light rain, and fog at around 9:30 pm, when my dad, brother, and me were going to the Hobby airport to pick up my older sister. The wind speeds were around 5 mph and the visibility was 6 miles when we arrived home at around 11 pm. The visibility was 7 miles and I think the wind speeds were still around 5 mph when I checked at around 1 minute to 12 am. I think there was some drizzle at 11 pm but, I don't remember. The humidity level stayed high after 11 am. The sky was cloudy from the beginning to the end of the day. It was still foggy at the end of the day. There were some Isolated showers and maybe thunderstorms in Houston throughout the day. The Little Cypress Creek @ Kluge Road area was the area that got the most rainfall, they got 1.08 inches of rain. My area got .04 inches. The day was warm and wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment