Friday, February 3, 2012

Unusually Warm and Wet!



              These were the first cluster of thunderstorms to pass through my area.
                          This was the last thunderstorm to pass through my area.

Today was warm with a low of 67 degrees and a high of 75 degrees. It was drizzling, the wind speeds were calm, the humidity level was high, it was foggy, and the visibiblity was 7 miles when I checked at around 12:30 am. It had stopped drizzling when I checked at around 3 am. They said that the visibility was back to 10 miles but, it was still foggy so, I think the visibility was at 7 miles or, less when i went to sleep at around 3:30 am. The wind speeds were around 10 mph with gusts around 15 mph, maybe some around 20 mph, and the visibility was 9 miles when I checked at around 8:30 am. The wind speeds were around 5 mph and the visibility was 7 miles when I checked at around 10:30 am. The wind speeds were back to around 10 mph with gusts around 15 mph, maybe some around 20 mph and the visibility was 9 miles when I checked at around 11 pm. I noticed at around 12:30 pm that the wind speeds were around 10 mph with gusts around 15 mph and some around 20 mph. The visibility was 8 miles when I checked at around 1 pm. At around 1:30 pm, I noticed that it was drizzling. I started to hear thunder at around 1:50 pm. The visibility was 7 miles when I checked at around 2 pm. It started to rain at around 2:10 pm. The wind speeds were around 5 mph and the rain had stopped at around 2:30 pm, the rain was moderate. The sky was cloudy, I heard some rumblings of thunder, and the wind speeds were around 10 mph with gusts around 15 mph and some around 20 mph when I checked at around 3 pm. We started to get some light rain from a near by storm at around 3:30 pm. A small thunderstorm pass through my area at around 4 pm, the rain was moderately heavy and there was some loud thunder, one of the thunders were really loud, it sounded like the lighning bolt was right next to or, at my house, even though I heard alot of thunder I didn't see any lightning. The thunderstorm was gone, I still heard some thunder, the wind speeds were around 10 mph, the humidity level was really high, and the sky was cloudy at around 4:10 pm. The visibility was 8 miles when I checked at around 4:30 pm. I only heard some distant rumbles of thunder after the storm had passed. I stopped hearing thunder at around 5 pm, when my dad took me to his store. I don't know if there were any showers or, thunderstorms while I was at his store, the ground was wet, the sky was cloudy, the wind speeds were calm, and there were rain drops falling off the trees at around 8:30 pm, when my dad took me home so, there might have just been a shower. The visibility was 7 miles when I checked at around 9:30 pm. The visibility was 6 miles when I checked at around 10:30 pm. I don't know if the visibility stayed at 6 miles after 10:30 pm, I don't remember. The sky stayed cloudy and the wind speeds stayed calm after 8:30 pm. The humidity levels stayed really high after 4:10 pm. I think the fog stayed from the begining to the end of the day, the fog might have left sometime during the early afternoon and then come back sometime during the evening or, night. There were scattered showers and thunderstorms throughout the day in Houston, most of the rain was in the northern areas. The East Fork San Jacinto @ FM 1485 was the area that got the most rain, they got 4.44 inches of rain. My area got .16 inches of rain. The day was unusually warm and wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment