Sunday, February 12, 2012

Grey and Chilly!

                                       I think these are just plain stratus clouds.
             There were reports of sleet and ice in parts of Houston and Montgomery.
I don't know if you can hear the ice pellets, I tried to show them to y'all but, the ice melted too quickly.

Today was cold with a low of 35 degrees and a high of 45 degrees. The sky was cloudy, the wind speeds were around 10 mph with gusts around 15 mph and I think the humidity level was low when I checked at around 12 am. The wind speeds were around 10 mph with gusts around 20 mph when I went to sleep at around 3 am. The humidity level was a little high when I checked at around 5:40 am. The sky was mostly cloudy when I checked at around 9:30 am. The humidity level was low when I checked at around 12:10 pm. The wind speeds were around 5 mph with gusts around 10 mph, maybe some around 15 mph when I checked at around 12:20 pm. It looked like there was a light fog when I was looking at the sky at around 1:20 pm. The wind speeds were around 10 mph with gusts around 15 mph, some around 20 mph sometime after 1:20 pm, I forgot to write down the time. The sky became cloudy at around 4 pm. The wind speeds were around 10 mph with some gusts around 20 mph when I checked at around 4:30 pm. The wind speeds were around 5 mph with gusts around 10 mph when I checked at around 5:50 pm. Little ice pellets started to fall at around 6:10 pm. There were some more ice pellets at around 6:20 pm. It was still drizzling ice pellets when I checked at around 7 pm. The freezing rain had stopped and the humidity level was a little high when I checked at around 8 pm. It was raining at around 8:30 pm, when I left to get toilet paper from H-E-B. It stopped raining at around 9 pm, the rain was light and normal, the wind speeds were calm when I checked. The wind speeds were around 5 mph with gusts around 10 mph when I checked at around 10 pm. The wind speeds stayed around 5 mph with gusts around 10 mph after 10 pm. The humidity levels stayed a little high after 8 pm. The sky stayed cloudy after 4 pm. The visibility was 9 miles during most of the night.There were scattered light showers across Houston throughout the day. There were three areas that reported .04 inches of rainfall. The Harris Gully @ South McGregor Way area reported .88 inches of rainfall, I don't know if that's true, it was a very high and isolated amount. My area reported 0 inches but, I think we got at least .01 inches. The sky was grey and it looked like there was a light fog, during the day and night. The was grey and chilly.

No comments:

Post a Comment