Saturday, February 4, 2012

Cool and Wet 2!



The above pictures are of the water left on the ground from the thunderstorms that we had in the morning.
This is a picture of the line of thunderstorms that brought the heavy rain to Houston.

Today was cool with a low of 55 degrees and a high of 72 degrees. The sky was cloudy, it was foggy, the wind speeds were around 5 mph with gusts around 10 mph, the humidity level was really high, and the visibility was 7 miles when I checked at around 12 am. The wind speeds were around 10 mph with gusts around 15 mph when I checked at around 1 am. The humidity level was high, the wind speeds were around 5 mph with gusts around 10 mph, some around 15 mph, maybe some around 20 mph, and the visibility was 8 miles when I went to sleep at around 2 am. The visibility was back to 10 miles when I checked at around 3:30 am. The wind speeds were around 5 mph with gusts around 10 mph when I checked at around 4 am. There was alot of thunder and lightning, It was raining hard, the humidity level was a 100%, and the visibility was 2.9 miles when I woke up at around 7 am. The heavy rain changed to moderate rain at around 7:30 am. The humidity level was high, the visibility was 4 miles, and the thunder and lightning had ceased at around 8:30 am. The wind speeds were calm during the storm. The wind speeds were around 10 mph and it had stopped raining when I woke up at around 10 am, the rain had left at around 9:30 am, when I looked at the past percipitation on the radar. The fog seemed to be gone and the visibility was 7 miles when I checked at around 10:30 am. The visibility was back to 10 miles when I checked at around 11 am. The humidity level was really high and the visibility was 8 miles when I checked at around 12 pm. The humidity level was high and the visibility was 7 miles when I checked at around 1:30 pm. The visibility was 9 miles when I checked at around 2 pm. The wind speeds were around 10 mph with gusts around 15 mph when I checked at around 3 pm. The wind speeds were around 5 mph and it looked like we just had a light shower when I checked at around 4 pm. The visibilty was back to 10 miles and the wind speeds were around 5 mph with gusts around 10 mph, maybe some around 15 mph when I checked at around 6 pm. There seemed to be a light fog and the wind speeds were calm at around 7:30 pm. I saw some gusts around 20 mph and the sky was mostly cloudy at around 8:30 pm, as my mom, dad, and I were leaving the Denny's that's on I-10. The wind speeds were around 5 mph with gusts around 10 mph when I checked at around 11 pm. The wind speeds were still around 5 mph with gusts around 10 mph at the end of the day. The humidity levels stayed high after 1:30 pm. The sky stayed mostly cloudy after 8:30 pm. The visibility was back to 10 miles but, there still seemed to be a light fog at the end of the day. A huge cold front brought alot of heavy rain to Houston. The Buffalo Bayou @ Turning Basin area was the area that got the most rain, they got 3.16 inches of rain. My area got 2.36 inches. The day was cool and wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment